This Practical Guide to establishing a net zero pathway for a hotel company has been developed as part of the wider Net Zero Methodology for Hotels, a joint initiative of Greenview, Tourism Declares, PATA, the Sustainable Hospitality Alliance and WTTC. It sets out the key steps which should be taken when embarking on a process towards establishing and committing to a net zero goal.
This guide covers the steps which need to be taken to:
- set up the project and obtain buy in;
- identify and address Scope 1 and 2 emissions;
- identify, prioritise and address Scope 3 emissions;
- establish the processes and procedures necessary to develop and maintain the pathway; and
- externally face commitment and communications.