About the course
Committed to a greener recovery from COVID-19, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) co-developed this online course, supported by Expedia Group, to help build the capacity of tourism and hospitality businesses towards plastic waste reduction and community empowerment. The course guides readers through the steps for minimising the sourcing and consumption of single-use plastics as well as the importance of businesses to sign the UNESCO Sustainable Travel Pledge.
Go to Thai version of this course
The self-paced course is available open-sourced in two languages, English and Thai, and it covers the following topics:
- What is the UNESCO Sustainable Travel Pledge?
- What is the necessary process to implement a plastic waste reduction strategy?
- What are the concrete measures needed to reduce single-use plastics in my business?
- How can local knowledge and products help fight plastic waste?
- How can I continue my journey towards plastic waste reduction?